1. Plugin Licensing
Sugar Calendar and all add-ons, unless otherwise stated, are licensed under the GNU General Public License (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html) version 2.0 or later.
Plugins sold and distributed by Sandhills Development, LLC, are done so in the hope that they will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Inasmuch as WordPress functions correctly on a clean install of itself, Sugar Calendar is guaranteed to function on a clean install of the minimum, stable and required version of WordPress for Sugar Calendar and add-ons. Because the number and variety of plugins is vast and wide, we do not guarantee that the plugin will function with all third-party plugins, themes or browsers of any kind. We do not assume responsibility and will not be held responsible for any conflicts or compatibility issues that may occur due to third-party software. We assume no responsibility for any data loss as a result of installing or using Sugar Calendar. Should conflicts occur with third-party software, we may provide support at our discretion. Additionally, we are not liable and will not be held responsible for any personal loss, site damage, site errors, theft, fraud, loss of profits or revenue, loss of business or opportunities, or loss of customers or clients as a result of installing or using Sugar Calendar.
3. Acceptable Use Policy
Sandhills Development, LLC fully embraces the open source philosophy and understands that a necessary consequence of that philosophy includes that our free and open source code can be used in ways that we cannot control or predict. However, we reserve the right to refuse our services (our licensing, priority support, and any affiliated services) to any organization at our sole discretion. Part of our commitment to building a people-first company, is ensuring that our services are never used in a way that would promote hate, violence, or racial intolerance.
Sandhills Development, LLC, sells and distributes Sugar Calendar and other plugins “as is” and with no implied meaning that they will function exactly as you would like, or that they will be compatible with all third-party components and plugins.
Support for plugins sold and distributed by Sandhills Development, LLC, is only available for those who have an active, paid license.
We will provide instruction and/or supporting documentation regarding setup, configuration, and technical troubleshooting as it pertains to our products. We do not provide support for third-party integrations and may ask that you disable these add-ons to better assist you. We do not provide customizations, development assistance, or guidance on how to change the functionality of a product outside of its intended use.
Support and updates are granted for one year after the original purchase based on the license you have purchased. After one year is completed, the purchaser must renew their license in order to continue receiving support and updates for the items purchased. For purchases that include an automatically renewing subscription, support will be provided for as long as the subscription remains active. The exception to this is the Ultimate license which is a one-time charge of the published Ultimate license price at the time of purchase. Ultimate licenses do not need to be renewed and are considered “lifetime” and grant the license-holder to support and updates for the “lifetime” that the purchaser uses Sugar Calendar.
Support and updates for Sugar Calendar are provided as long as Sugar Calendar is actively in development. Should any one of the following occur, Sandhills Development, LLC, will no longer be responsible for providing support for Sugar Calendar:
- Sugar Calendar is no longer actively developed as a viable product under Sandhills Development, LLC.
- Sugar Calendar or the parent company is purchased or bought out by another company.
- WordPress is no longer actively developed.
Whilst we attempt to provide the best support possible for our plugins, we do not guarantee that any particular support query can, or will be answered to the extent, or within a timeframe that the inquirer is completely satisfied.
5. Subscriptions & Automatic Renewal
Sugar Calendar is sold as an automatically recurring subscription that renews each year on the anniversary of the purchase date. This applies to Personal, Plus and Professional license levels.
This subscription will automatically renew at the end of the annual license term unless the purchaser cancels their subscription prior to the automatic renewal date.
Please note the following details of Sugar Calendar license subscriptions (Personal, Plus, Professional):
- Subscription renewals are automatically processed annually on the anniversary of your original purchase. The license renewal will continue and remain valid for each one (1) year unless the subscription is cancelled prior to the renewal date.
- You may cancel your subscription at any time from your Account page on the Sugar Calendar website.
- If you choose to cancel your subscription you will no longer receive updates and support for Sugar Calendar when your license expires.
- The renewal price will be the full plugin price as published at the time of initial purchase, exclusive of any discounts.
- Grandfathered pricing: If you choose to cancel your subscription, and your renewal price is lower than the current listed price for your license (a “grandfathered” price), the lower renewal price will no longer be available to you.
- If you choose to renew your subscription after it has been cancelled and your license has expired, you will be charged the current listed price for your license. We cannot apply older or grandfathered pricing to your new renewal purchase.
- We cannot grant refunds on renewal payments (for Personal, Plus, Professional subscriptions only). We will send you an email 2 weeks prior to your renewal date, and you may use this opportunity to cancel your subscription before the renewal payment is automatically processed
- If you choose to cancel your subscription your license will expire on the anniversary of the original purchase, and you will no longer receive updates and support for Sugar Calendar.
The exception to this subscription agreement is the Ultimate license which is a one-time charge of the published Ultimate license price at the time of purchase. Ultimate licenses do not need to be renewed and are considered “lifetime”.
6. License Usage
Sugar Calendar grants each customer a non-transferable license to use the software for internal use, and as defined by the terms set in the customer’s chosen license package (Personal, Plus, Professional, Ultimate).
Where the license package allows the software to be used on multiple sites (Plus, Professional, Ultimate) the customer/license-holder may not on-sell the originally-purchased license key provided by Sandhills Development, LLC, to other users of the license (such as clients) for commercial benefit. Additionally, the customer may not sublicense, to any person or entity, any rights to distribute the software or license key. Sugar Calendar will only provide support services to the original customer/license-holder with a legitimate license key, and consider any other uses of this license key for support queries as fraudulent.
7. Automatic Updates
Automatic updates are available to license holders who have an active and valid subscription and license key. Automatic updates are available for Sugar Calendar and all other installed Sugar Calendar add-ons. Automatic updates are available as long as the license key generated from the purchase is valid and active.
8. Plugin Delivery
After we have processed your payment successfully, you will receive an email with your order number and other purchase information. Your license key is available in your account area along with your plugin downloads. You can download the plugin by logging into the account created for you when purchasing the plugin and clicking on the appropriate link.
Should you not receive an email containing your information, you can contact us through https://Sugar Calendar.com/support to request your purchase information.
Access to re-download purchased files will be granted so long as your license key is valid. If a license key expires, download access to the associated files will be discontinued until such time as the license key is renewed.
All plugins are property of Sandhills Development, LLC. Claiming any type of intellectual or exclusive ownership rights of our products is strictly prohibited.
Our plugins are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. We shall not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or losses that occur due to the use or inability to use our plugins.
10. Website & Plugin Content
All content found on this site and throughout the plugin including images, documentation, support queries and any other information is property of Sandhills Development, LLC and may not be redistributed without permission or consent.
11. Price Changes
Sandhills Development, LLC, reserves the right to modify, change, cancel or upgrade a plugin subscription and/or license key without prior notice or consent. Prices of all products are subject to change without prior notice or consent.
12. Refund Policy
We firmly believe in and stand behind our product 100%, but we understand that it cannot work perfectly for everyone all of the time. If you would like to request a refund, please open a “Refund Request” support ticket. When requesting a refund, we respectfully ask that you meet the following refund policy conditions:
Eligibility conditions for a refund request:
- You are within the first 30 days of the original purchase of the plugin.
- We cannot grant refunds after the first 30 days of the original purchase.
- We cannot grant refunds on renewal payments (for Personal, Plus, Professional subscriptions only). We will send you an email 2 weeks prior to your renewal date, and you may use this opportunity to cancel your subscription before the renewal payment is automatically processed.
- Your reason for requesting a refund is one of the following:
- You have purchased the plugin/subscription, and after installing and testing the plugin, have found that it will not work for your business or required setup.
- You have an issue that we are unable to resolve which makes the system unusable. We may ask you questions regarding the nature of your refund request so we can improve the plugin in the future.
- If your issue(s) comes from not being able to install the plugin properly or get the plugin to perform its basic functions, we will happily consider your refund request.
- You have contacted our support team and allowed us to attempt to resolve your issue(s), or have explained why the plugin will not work for you.
- Please note, technical issues caused by 3rd party plugins, themes or other software will not provide grounds for a refund.
- You agree to deactivate and uninstall the plugin from your site if a refund is granted.
Refunds will be offered at our sole discretion. By purchasing plugin(s) from our site, you agree to this refund policy and relinquish any rights to subject it to any questions, judgment or legal actions. We are not liable to cover any differences in exchange rates between the time you purchased and the time you are refunded.
Sandhills Development, LLC, may occasionally send you emails related to the purchase of product(s) from our company. We may also send you occasional email newsletters relating to Sugar Calendar updates, promotions, Sugar Calendar add-ons and the like. We will never sell or release your email to any third party vendors. You may opt out of these emails at any time without penalty.
14. Affiliate Disclosure
Effective as of 18 June 2018
This website is maintained by, and contributed to by staff of Sandhills Development, LLC - the parent company of Sugar Calendar.
This website will, on occasion, accept affiliate compensation. The affiliate compensation received will never influence opinions shared through content, topics, posts, emails, or other communications made on and via this website. We do not use any affiliate links in our blog post content. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
On occasion, we will promote products or services that we have investigated and genuinely feel will deliver value to you. It is at your discretion whether you choose to purchase that product or service, and only if you purchase through our link will we receive compensation.
For your peace of mind, the majority of links on our website are not affiliate links. We will place an indicator next to each link that is an affiliate link so you can see exactly which products and/or services we promote via affiliate links.
15. License Agreement
By purchasing our product(s), you indicate and consent that you have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions listed and detailed on this page. We reserve the right to change or modify the current Terms and Conditions without prior notice or consent.
If any part of this agreement is declared unenforceable or invalid, all remaining clauses in this agreement shall remain binding on the customer.